Saturday, June 2, 2007

floaters (p. 7)

floaters
brock bernard

i asked around
and i hear that they're called floaters,

quickly becoming
a great annoyance for me.

they make me feel old.
they make me feel dry.

they make me feel like a writer,
which is quite the shame; i am most certainy not,

waking up a three pm
with burning eyes because of that oppressive

late afternoon sunlight, reading Ginsberg and
writing 'i feel' statements.

a different floater in a different eye
every other week.

and it makes me wonder,
really if they aren't just errant memories,

ones i was looking for a fortnight ago,
saying their last goodbyes laughingly.

three-and-twenty feels old
and i can't back that up tomorrow, with new ash

in my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

of course like your [url=http://www.auoksunglasses.com]oakley sunglasses[/url] web-site but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. [url=http://www.auoksunglasses.com]oakleys[/url] , Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I will definitely come again again.